CUA60320 Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design
Course Code: CUA60320
CRICOS Code: 106095G
Delivery mode: Blended learning – 33% online and 67% face-to-face learning.
Course Duration: 52 weeks
Location: Sydney Campus
Average weekly pay
Have vocational qualification to enter the market
Available employment opportunities
The Advanced Diploma of Graphic Design qualification reflects the skills, knowledge and traits of a specialist designer. A commercially viable designer is one who has both creative and conceptual skills in visual communication but also knows how to market themselves, conceive ideas, 协商并意识到设计解决方案.
As a student of this course, you will meet real-life, complex communication challenges and apply critical thinking skills to develop effective design solutions. You will refine your skills to create sophisticated branding and identity designs, while further developing your ability to design persuasive visual content that speak to a multitude of markets.
Practice at this level aims at a higher level of visual communication and design theory and the ability to critically analyse from a range of sources.
This qualification empowers students to develop their sense of self as a designer. Graduates will be equipped with specialist skills and a strong portfolio of work to help enhance their career opportunities.
By undertaking this course, you will:
- Enhance your existing technical design and creative skills
- Be equipped with the necessary skills to further your career within a creative field
- Apply essential skills to create your own creative mark throughout your projects
- Produce complex and innovative design solutions that effectively convey the necessary messaging
- Design dynamic websites that incorporate a logical architecture
- Adopt the basics of user-experience design principles
- Produce user interfaces for interactive media
By completing this course, you will be tailoring your career to specialise within a creative field such as:
- Senior Graphic Designer
- Design Manager
- Senior Illustrator
- Art Director
- Studio Manager
|BSBPMG430||Undertake project work|
|CUAGRD612||Originate graphic designs for complex briefs|
|CUAGRD603||Extend typographic design expertise|
|CUAGRD617||Develop graphic designs for branding and identity|
|BSBLEG525||Apply legal principles in intellectual property law matters|
|CUAACD537||Refine 3-D design ideas and processes|
|CUAACD536||Refine 2-D design ideas and processes|
|CUADIG413||Create user interfaces|
|ICTWEB513||Build dynamic websites|
|CUAPPR611||Originate a body of independent creative work|
|BSBMKG555||Write persuasive copy|
|CUAGRD611||Engage in the business of graphic design|
|CUAPPR612||Collaborate in professional creative projects|
|CUADES512||Establish, negotiate and refine a design brief|
|CUADES611||Manage design realisation|
Every student will have an initial interview to assess their individual learning needs and their language, literacy and numeracy skills.
• Completed Australian Year 12 or equivalent
• IELTS 5.5 English language equivalence if a non-native English speaker
• Be aged over 17 for Domestic Students and over 18 for International Students.
Further Entry Requirements:
To study this qualification, individuals must provide evidence of their technical skills and ability to:
• Apply visual communication history and theory to their own professional practice
• Produce professional typography
• Produce graphic designs for two-dimensional (2-D) and three-dimensional (3-D) applications
• Create and manipulate graphics
• Design complex publication layouts
Skills may have been acquired through personal or work experience, or through formal study.
Blended learning – 33% online and 67% face-to-face learning.
Got any questions? ask the acbi team.
Get In Touch
To contact our student recruitment team, please submit a form below.